March 21, 2005

Combien pour ce chat dans la vitrine?

Combien pour ce chat dans la vitrine?

Window of a dépôt-vente (second-hand clothes shop), rue d'Orsel.

Posted by clotilde at 7:53 PM

Comments

My goodness ! Do you know what I just shout ? "oh mais... mais... la copieuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse !". But as I am a great soul, I won't blame you, neither for the picture, nor for the title, but Aspro (that's his name !) may ask both of us for royalties, I'm afraid : http://terreadelie.no-distance.net/galeries/paris/index2.html

PS
You blog's great, we'll try L'homme tranquille soon, as we don't live far away either :-).

Posted by Adélie on March 22, 2005 9:55 PM

Bonjour!

I love this cat and others that I see in the shop windows as I walk around. Adelie, is Aspro friendly? Does he like to be patted and cuddled and fussed over (silly question really as he is a cat and they all love attention)?

I miss my cat that I had in Australia a great deal, and my heart cries out to be able to stroke and cuddle a warm purring bundle of joy every time I pass les chats dans les vitrines.

I live on rue Lepic and quite frequently walk through Abesses and into your street. Next time I will have to say Bonjour to you and Aspro!

Bonne journee

Posted by Debbie on March 25, 2005 12:35 PM

Hello Debbie,

I entered that shop just once or twice to say hello to the cat, ask him his name and incidentally talk a little with the shopkeeper. I think Aspro was a little bit haughty, as cats sometimes are (- cold green eyes - "well well, young lady, have we been introduced ?"), but he let me stroke him, so I suppose you could try too without being scratched !

Sorry you had to let your cat in Australia, I understand how you must feel with les chats des vitrines, I used to spy my neighbour's cats with a sigh when I arrived in Paris, but now it's ok, I have mine !

PS
Mh, when I read your message, I almost felt you thought that Aspro was my cat and the shop was mine ? Well, he is not, and I don't live rue d'Orsel either, just in the neighbourhood, that's why I walk that street often, and rue Lepic also when I want to buy good things to eat. :-)

Posted by Adélie on March 25, 2005 2:00 PM

Sorry Adelie, I did think he was yours.

I will stop next time I am there and have a look in the shop and give Aspro a pat. Normally I am on a "mission" and walking past there, but will make a point of going in next time and looking at the items for sale.

I have been bribing the neighbours cats with cat crunchies and ham. They are really cute and one of them is very vocal an loves to have a conversation... but they are not cuddle cats and just want a bit of a pat and a talk before jumping back out the window and going home (did I mention that they hop in our kitchen window whenever it is open and conduct an inspection of our apartment? They are very cheeky.)

Yes, there are good things to eat in rue Lepic aren't there! I feel quite spoilt for choice when it comes to delicious food at my door.

Have a nice day

Posted by Debbie on March 26, 2005 8:31 PM

Strangely enough I have a male cat called Aspro as well.I thought he was the only cat called Aspro in the world and I also have a male tabby called Pepper.Aspro means white in Greek.

Posted by Natasha on November 22, 2005 6:11 PM